Tuesday, April 17, 2012

so whats the deal....

…with Shakeology!  Well, I’ll get to that in a minute.  Let me get my normal boring stuff out of the way.

Workout: Day 17 LiveFit – Chest & Triceps

I got my days screwed up yesterday so it was day 16 ( I wrote 15 like a nerd). Such a good workout today.  The gym wasn't to busy so I got through everything pretty fast since I didn't have to wait for weights/machines.  Did a few new exercises, that I'm loving.  It left my tri's feeling pretty wobbly though, which is a good thing :) 

Lucky you, I’m sparing you my typical daily eats since my post is so plus-sized
fat blog


Ok, she here’s the scoop 

 I was asked a few specific questions, so I will answer those at the end.  Here are the meat and potatoes of it.  I’ve broken it down a little so hopefully I’ve covered all my bases
The Factoids:
 This patent-pending daily shake helps your body gently eliminate toxins while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients needed. A blend of digestive enzymes and prebiotics helps your body eliminate the toxins that build up over time from eating highly processed foods. At the same time, whole-food ingredients deliver the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body needs to curb cravings, allowing your body to shed stored fat while the more than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke.

More than 70 different ingredients were chosen from around the world for their potency and bioavailability (the ability to deliver the nutrients your body needs). Here are the key nutrient groups that these ingredients deliver:
  • Protein and Essential Amino Acids to help build long, lean muscles and reduce food cravings
  • Prebiotics and Digestive Enzymes, which aid in improving digestion, regularity, and nutrient absorption
  • Antioxidants and Phytonutrients to help counteract free radical damage that can lead to degenerative diseases
  • Vitamins and Minerals your body needs to function for
    optimal health
Shakeology includes whey protein isolate, an easily absorbable source of protein that's ideal for building and maintaining lean muscle mass. It also helps keep your blood sugar steady, reducing hunger and junk food cravings. Essential amino acids, found in protein, help the body repair muscle tissue and heal wounds; support the brain to promote calmness and alertness; and reduce hunger pangs.

Many of Shakeology's fruit and vegetable sources have been chosen for their high concentration of healthy natural substances known as phytonutrients. These substances have antioxidant properties, meaning they help get rid of free radicals, which damage cells and may be a key component of the aging process. In lab tests, phytonutrients have shown promise in helping prevent a wide variety of degenerative conditions.

Most of us don't get the complete range of essential vitamins and minerals in our daily diets. Some important vitamins, such as vitamin C and the B vitamins, are water-soluble and need to be replenished regularly. Others, like vitamin E, can be difficult to get enough of in food. Shakeology provides all these nutrients in an easy-to-take, easily absorbable form, so you never have to worry.

 Benefits:
23 vitamins and minerals -
   Get a wide range of essential nutrients
   Get your necessary vitamins every day
   Make up for dietary deficiencies

Prebiotics and digestive enzymes -
   Aid digestion
   Help boost the immune system
   Increase absorption of nutrients
   Help keep you "regular"

Protein and essential amino acids -
   Help build and repair muscles
   Reduce hunger and food cravings
   Help keep blood sugar steady
   Support brain function to help promote alert thinking and reduce anxiety
   Promote healthy skin, hair, and nails

 Q & A
 Do you drink the shakes for breakfast, lunch, dinner or multiple times through the day?
I drink one shake a day for lunch (or around noon).  When I first started using it, I experimented with the time of day, and found the afternoon works best for me, keeps me on track through the day.  You can drink more than one a day, but that can get pricey.  I did do the Shakeology fast, which is 3 shakes a day for 3 days ( you are allowed 2 pieces of fruit and a salad with chicken each day though).  It was ok, but it actually made me feel really tired ( you also cant add anything to the shakes, no dairy, only water).  I think I did lose a few lbs but I probably wouldn't do it again.

What are your favorite recipes?
I have experimented a lot with recipes.  Each shipment comes with a new recipe calender for each Shakeology flavor so its new to try new ones.  These are some of my favs though:
   Choc. Shakeology with 1/2 banana and 1tbsp pb2
   Choc. Shakeology with 1c. raspberries
   Greenberry Shakeology with 1c pineapple, 1/2c pineapple juice
   Greenberry Shakeology with 1c. blueberries
I'm pretty simple when it comes down to it, but will test a new one here and here.  I also always mix in 1c. of almond milk, 2c. ice, and 1c. water.  It makes a really big shake.

What are the flavors of Shakeology?
They have 3 flavors, Chocolate, Greenberry, and new Tropical StrawberryI have tried them all, and my first choice is of course chocolate.  It is SO crazy good you guys, I love it.  I also really like the Green.  It takes a little getting used to cause of the "green" taste, but I really like it.  I usually have that one when I feel like I've eaten a lot of heavy food.  It just tastes lighter than the chocolate.  The tropical is good, but its vegan (where the other 2 aren't), so it has a grainy texture but the flavor of it is really tasty.  I haven't ordered a large amount of it though, mostly because its about $20.00 more since its a new product.  I will probably get a bag once the price goes down.


 There is probably a lot more I could talk about, but these are some good chunks of info.  I can hands down say that this product has completely changed the way I feel, and I give a lot of credit to it for the fact that I have been able to maintain my current weight for the past few months.  I will keep using it until its no longer made ( which I don't think will ever happen!).  It has increased my energy so much, and has put control on my cravings, especially for sweet things.  I just LOVE IT!




·         This information is referenced from www.shakeology.com.  These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.  The content of this site are for informational purposes only, and are not intended to provide any medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.  Always seek the advice of your health provider with any questions you may have regarding your unique needs and medical condition.
·         All opinions & thoughts on this product are my own, and not intended to persuade any of you in a certain direction. No compensation from this product/company was received.  This is my personal review.

2 comments:

  1. ...i caught a puffer fish last December.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Me too, but it's never to late to get rid of the extra "puff"!

      Delete