Thursday, May 8, 2014

Things I'm loving Thursday!

Hooray!  I'm back for my favorite type of post.  Here's a list of things I'm currently loving...
 
 
 
*Pharrell Williams - Come Get it Bae....on repeat, 24/7. 
 
 
 
Pharrell, I love you and your Smokey the Bear hat that you wear.

 
 
 
 
*e.l.f Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick
 


my hand looks ginormous!
 
I first heard of e.l.f products a few months ago from a makeup blogger that I watch on You Tube.  They are incredibly inexpensive and surprisingly good quality for a drugstore option. But up until recently none of my local drug stores carried the brand.  A few weeks ago though I spotted a display at my Target.  Hooray!  I grabbed a few items like brushes, an eyelash curler, eye shadow pallet and these awesome lip crayons.  They glide on super smooth and aren't at all thick or sticky.  I like how they are in the crayon shape to keep application fool-proof.  I chose a nude shade in 'In the Nude' and a pinky shade in 'Pink Umbrellas'.  I don't wear a ton of color on my lips so I like that these are subtle enough to wear for daytime but you can layer them up for more color.  I think they were like $2 each so if you get a chance to try them, you should! 
 
*Vasque Grand Traverse
 


 
The company I work for manufactures this brand and a few weeks ago my department had a meeting about the new styles for this year, and the Grand Traverse was one of them.  As soon as I saw it I knew I needed to get a pair.  I don't do a ton of hiking, so I knew I didn't want your typical hiking boot, and this one is perfect for what I was looking for.  It is designed to perform more like an approach shoe (hence the laces going all the way to the toe like a rock climbing shoe), and to be able to hike over a mix of terrain (ex. slick rock, wet/dry trails, ect.).  The other thing I love about them is that they are casual and comfortable enough to wear as everyday shoes.  Plus they came in my favorite color :)
 
*Spring nail polish colors
 


 
I kind of made a pact with myself that I would start to look like an adult, so I figured it was time to keep up with the beauty trends.  First step was new nail polish.  The goal here is to paint them often enough so I don't walk around with ugly chipped nails like I used to, and with fun colors like these it makes it really easy!  There are a TON of fun spring colors out right now, and I picked up two of my favorites a few weeks ago.  I love them, and plan on getting a few more as we go into summer.  So now at least my nails will look good when I decide to wear sweatpants all day.
 

 
* RIP fitness class
 



After some convincing from a friend (Hi Sam!!), I finally tried this class at my gym, and verdict is....I LOVE it!  I've been pretty good about doing strength workouts on my own, but this class forces me to do an hour of it two days a week.  After my first class my arms were shaking so bad I had a hard time washing my hair the next day!  I've been going twice a week for the past 2 weeks and its a great addition to my workouts.  Plus the music makes me want to dance :)

 
 
So that's is for my favorites this week!  I'll check in after this weekend - hope you guys have a great one!!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 08, 2014

    You make me smile :-). And two bucks for the lip crayons! Oh Target I love thee......
    Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring nail polish colors are the best! I have to get back in the habit of painting mine more often too!

    ReplyDelete